It is a plastic polymer known as PVC (polyvinyl chloride), which has many uses and ranks third among the most produced synthetic polymers in the world. PVC manufacturers generally use the name pvc in product promotion. But pvc and upvc are different materials; therefore it is more suitable to use as upvc.
What is Upvc?
Polyvinyl chloride (PVC), which is used as a raw material in the production of plastic steel door or window systems, is strengthened with the addition of resins, filling materials, coloring agents, UV rays absorbing materials and chemical additives that will prevent deterioration, in appropriate proportions.
After the reinforced raw material is molded, it goes through cutting and welding processes. For use in upvc windows and upvc doors systems, the frame is reinforced by adding equipment such as ventilation chambers, protective gaskets, sealing joints and heat protective wool strips. In order to increase the resistance of upvc profiles, steel reinforcement bars are added at a certain distance from the profile gaps.
What are the Benefits of Upcv Doors Systems?
Plastic frame and door systems take the first place in the list of the most used systems. The reasons why Upvc is used in so many areas can be listed as follows:
- Durability: One of the main reasons for Upvc's durability is its longevity. It differs from other materials in that it is resistant to damage due to internal and external factors such as rotting, rusting, abrasion, molding, blistering, shedding, resistance to UV rays, and long-lasting usage conditions.
- Easy and low-cost maintenance: Being able to be washed and cleaned with pure water or soapy water ensures that upvc doors and upvc windows systems stay clean and new for many years. There is no need for additional protection such as painting, sanding, varnishing.
- Sound insulation: It is preferred because it is generally used with double glass window systems, with up to ninety percent sound insulation. It provides a calm and peaceful environment with its insulation against high-intensity sounds in homes, workplaces and environments where protection from external sounds is required.
High security mechanism feature: In Upvc systems, it is possible to provide high security by installing additional locking mechanisms apart from their own lock systems. In addition to being reinforced due to its own structure, it can be further strengthened with safety glasses.
- Thermal Insulation: Due to its production and reinforcement from insulating materials, it draws attention with its insulating feature against low temperatures and high temperatures. It does not leak, protects the air in the indoor environment and regulates the air by breathing. It also helps to save budget with energy efficiency.
- Versatility: It provides the possibility of use in many systems as well as window and door systems. With the various features of the systems, they are preferred in many places, from homes and workplaces, to opening in all directions and sizes. It is preferred for its wide usage and application possibilities such as doors, windows, shower cabins, balconies, gardens, hotel restaurants, interior doors, ventilation systems.
- High protection: Upvc systems, which are resistant to heavy external factors, have high fire, wind and frost resistance. It offers long-lasting and healthy use even under the harshest conditions, and is environmentally friendly.