It is a plastic polymer with many uses, known as PVC (polyvinyl chloride), and is the third most-produced synthetic polymers in the world. PVC manufacturers generally use the name PVC in product promotion. But PVC and uPVC are different materials; hence it is more suitable to use as uPVC.
What is uPVC?
It is strengthened by adding polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, filling materials, colouring materials, UV absorbing materials and chemical additives to prevent deterioration in the appropriate proportion, which are used as raw materials in the production of plastic steel door or window systems. The reinforced raw material is passed through cutting and welding processes after moulding. To be used in uPVC windows and uPVC doors systems, the frame is reinforced by adding equipment such as ventilation chambers, protective gaskets, sealing additions and heat-protective wool strips. In order to increase the resistance of the uPVC profiles, steel reinforcement bars are added at a certain distance from the profile gaps.
What are the Benefits of UPVC Doors Systems?
Plastic frame and door systems are in the first place among the most used systems. The reasons why Upvc is used in such many areas can be listed as follows:
- Durability: Durability and longevity of Upvc are the main reasons. It is distinguished from other materials due to its resistance to internal and external damages such as rotting, rusting, abrasion, mould, swelling, shedding, resistance to UV rays, and long-lasting usage conditions.
- Easy and low-cost maintenance: Being able to wash and clean with pure water or soapy water ensures that uPVC doors and uPVC windows systems remain clean and new for many years. There is no need for additional protection such as painting, sanding, varnishing.
- Sound insulation: It is preferred because of its sound insulation up to ninety per cent as it is generally used with double glass window systems. It provides a calm and peaceful environment with insulation against high-intensity sounds in homes, workplaces and environments where protection from external sounds is required.
High-security mechanism feature: It is possible to provide high security by installing additional lock mechanisms other than their own lock systems in uPVC systems. In addition to being reinforced due to its own structure, it can be further strengthened with security glasses.
- Thermal Insulation: It draws attention with its insulating feature against low temperatures and high temperatures due to its production and strengthening from insulating materials. It does not leak, protects the indoor air and regulates the air by breathing. It also helps to save money with energy efficiency.
- Multi-purpose: It provides the opportunity to be used in many systems as well as window and door systems. With the various features of the systems, they are preferred in many places, including homes and workplaces, with their opening in all directions and sizes. It is preferred with its wide range of usage and application possibilities such as doors, windows, shower cabins, balconies, garden, hotel, restaurant, interior doors, ventilation systems.
- High protection: UPVC systems, which are resistant to heavy external factors, have high fire, wind and freezing resistance. It offers long-lasting and healthy use even under the most severe conditions. It is environmentally friendly.